We’re looking for a highly-motivated Characterization lead. She or he will manage (and execute) the characterization and cryogenic measurement of our hardware. This is a key step in our development process and a very important part of our product offering. Our proprietary technology allows us to scale to large QPUs in the short term, and as such his or her efforts will be the basis for market-leading quantum computing power. Responsibilities include identifying and managing our measurement opportunities, including those with partners and customers. The job will in addition involve the system design, acquisition and operating of our internal measurement setups. QuantWare requires state-of-the-art high throughput characterization systems, which are currently being developed by key partners. You will interface with these partners and guide their development with our requirements. You will work closely together with our engineers, partners and clients. Additional responsibilities include talking to customers and development partners. You will be responsible for both our R&D measurement capabilities, as well as our high-volume production measurement capabilities. This job requires the very rare combination of excellent experimental capabilities and management capabilities.
• Continuously improve quantum processor layouts by providing our design team with key experimental feedback
• Design, develop and acquire measurement setups together with management
• Realize state-of-the-art high-throughput measurement capabilities
• Liaise with our engineering team to create measurement plans for our internal R&D process
• Show leadership in technology development
• Show flexibility in working hours and workload
• Masters, PhD or post doc in Physics
• Experience in cryogenic measurements
• Background in cQED is a plus
• Software development experience is a plus
• Project management experience is a strong plus
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
• Exceptionally motivated to make an impact on quantum computing
Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
Starting date: August
QuantWare is a startup that makes superconducting quantum hardware. Our mission is to Accelerate the advent of the quantum computer. We design, develop and fabricate state-of-the-art Quantum Processor Units. QuantWare offers a super fast-moving environment, the chance to learn from world-leading experts and develop yourself in this fast growing field, unlimited growth opportunities for employees and a competitive salary with equity compensation. We are extremely motivated to solve a very hard problem and make useful quantum computation a reality. We are committed to diversity and work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Email us at email@example.com to apply.
QuantWare is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers